Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Best of: The Weakerthans


Tomorrow night, I'm going to see The Weakerthans for the fourth time. The Weakerthans are a band that first brought me into the realm of independent music. I bought Left & Leaving the first time I saw them live: way way way back in 2000 at the Roboto Project. A few months later, my high school boyfriend gave me a copy of Fallow for Christmas (he gave it to me already opened, because he'd wanted to listen to it too - he told me my favorite song off it would be "None of the Above" and it still is). I love this band. In my mind, this is one group that will do no wrong.

Here's an hour's worth of Weakerthan's goodness. Otherwise known as my favorites.
1. Aside (from Left & Leaving)
2. Anchorless (from Fallow)
3. Wellington's Wednesdays (from Fallow)
4. Pamphleteer (from Left & Leaving)
5. None of the Above (from Fallow)
6. Hymn of the Medical Oddity (from Reunion Tour)
7. Plea From a Cat Named Virtute (from Reconstruction Site)
8. Sounds Familiar (from Fallow)
9. The Reasons (from Reconstruction Site)
10. Civil Twilight (from Reunion Tour)
11. Virtute the Cat Explains Her Departure (from Reunion Tour)
12. Elegy for Gump Worsley (from Reunion Tour)
13. Night Windows (from Reunion Tour)
14. Tournament of Hearts (from Reunion Tour)
15. My Favourite Chords (from Left & Leaving)
16. One Great City! (from Reconstruction Site)
17. Left & Leaving (from Left & Leaving)

No comments:

Post a Comment