Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Evan's favorites of 2009

Oh 2009, you bitch.

Here are my favorites.

1 - Frank Turner - Live Fast Die Old
"i bought myself back from the devil / now i'm keeping it all for myself" this pretty much characterizes 2009 for me



2 - Them Crooked Vultures - Gunman
The best supergroup of 2009



3 - Propagandhi - Potemkin City Limits
I just devoured a KFC zinger with cheese and this song made me feel bad about it.



4 - Rome - The Secret Sons of Europe
I sit alone in my room and listen to this on repeat. Then again, I'm usually alone in my room beating songs to death. I think this one fits that scenario better than "Womanizer."



5 - Brand New - Sink
wheeeee i'm trying to finish this asap so no more commentary (cept for the ones i already wrote that come after this)



6 - John Mayer - Do You Know Me



7 - Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Revenge



8 - Joel Plaskett - Through and Through and Through



9 - Japandroids - Sovereignty



10 - Converge - Reap What You Sow
I can't remember the last time I was really blown away by anything Converge had pieced together. Certainly not anytime in the past decade. Axe to Fall fucking dominates, though. Reap What You Sow makes me want to run through a wall.



11 - Yo La Tengo - All Your Secrets



12 - Dan Auerbach - I Want Some More



13 - Thrice - Doublespeak



14 - M Ward - Stars of Leo



15 - Tegan and Sara - It Was Midnight



16 - fun. - The Gambler



17 - Two Tongues - Tremors



18 - Neko Case - People Got a Lotta Nerve



19 - Bear McCreary - Kara Remembers
I don't feel the need to justify this being on here. Awesome show...awesome scene. The song stands well on its own (makes me feel like i'm in some opium den in...well..asia), but given the context, it is one of the most memorable music moments I've had this year. [note: yes it's a take on "all along the watchtower" and no i won't explain why]



20 - Set Your Goals - Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On



s my d 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment