Friday, March 19, 2010

A Dingo Ate My Baby!

A Dingo Ate My Baby! (Songs from Australia)

Evan challenged me to make a mix of artists from one country. Then he told me I couldn't do Canada. Then he told me I couldn't do the UK. Well, geeeeeeez oh man, Evan! I'm not sitting over there in ASIALAND listening to weird foreign music. So this mix is not long. And it's Australian. So grab a Foster's, get some Outback takeout, and toss your boomerang around to these tunes.

1. Men At Work - Down Under
Well, duh.

2. Cut Copy - Going Nowhere
The best Cut Copy song there is.

3. INXS - Need You Tonight
They're Australian. And that's all I've got.

4. Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World
This video is awesome. And makes my brain hurt.

5. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
OMG I LOVE NATALIE IMBRUGLIA. This is not a joke. I think her Left Of The Middle album is awesome.


6. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
Basically, I googled "popular Australia bands" and went with whatever I vaguely knew!

7. Air Supply - All Out Of Love
Second verse, same as the first (see above).

8. Jet - Look What You've Done
I've always secretly loved this awful song. It's my curse: I love shitty love songs! Finally I had a legit reason to download it. Thanks, Evan!

9. Silverchair - Ana's Song (Open Fire)
'90s angst at it's finest. It's been too long since I had enough Silverchair in my life. (Note: Lead singer was married to Natalie Imbruglia for five or so years!)

10. Colin Hay - Overkill
Colin Hay was the singer for Men at Work. "Overkill" is a Men at Work song. Still counts.

They also featured this in Scrubs.

11. Youth Group - Daisychains
One of the fews songs I was able to immediately mentally add to the list when Evan suggested it.


12. Ben Lee - Grammercy Park Hotel
I'd forgotten all about this song! But it's awesome and I can't find it online anywhere to link to. It's on Something to Remember Me By. Worth looking for if you're industrious like that.

13. Wolfmother - Vagabond
We'll go with an epic-sounding track to wrap things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment