Sunday, November 15, 2009

Catch-up EPs

For the past few weeks, I've been trapped in the land of slow internet speeds. Couple that with a limited amount of free time, and it's been tough to keep up with the playlists.

I'm gonna play a little game of catchup with some 4-6 track playlists.

Enjoy...

****
Runaway

I like this little list, even if it has some strange breaks and no real consistent flow or progression.

1 - Queen - I Want To Break Free
2 - Dashboard Confessional - Again I Go Unnoticed
3 - Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
4 - Head Automatica - At the Speed of a Yellow Bullet
5 - Brand New - Millstone


****
Fall

There's no such thing as Fall in Singapore. It's just as hot and rainy as every other "season" here. My life in Singapore is slowly resembling the seasons of Singapore, or lack thereof. Nothing new, nothing dynamic, no emotion, no change. I used to laugh at the pretension and prudeness surrounding me, but it's starting to take a toll.

One of the worst things about living here is the absence of Halloween. If there's any holiday that makes everyone take themselves a little bit less seriously and act like a kid again, it's Halloween. Maybe it's just what everyone in Singapore needs.

These songs transport me back to my favorite season in one of my favorite places on this lonely, lonely planet: Fall in New England.

1 - Oasis - The Girl in the Dirty Shirt
2 - Snow Patrol - How to Be Dead
3 - Elbow - One Day Like This
4 - Frank Turner - Sunday Nights
5 - Alexi Murdoch - Orange Sky
6 - Death Cab for Cutie - Passenger Seat

No comments:

Post a Comment