Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Girls Who Love Boys / Boys Who Love Girls

Evan's Challenge: a playlist comprised of songs from artists you haven't used on a mix yet.

At first, I thought this would be really difficult. Once I compiled the artists I'd already used, I started looking at the other bands' songs and tried to find a key element - something easy enough to see without having to listen to a billion songs and find a common link. After going through artists A-G, I saw a pattern I could use to eke out a playlist: Girls and Boys. Here I present Girls Who Love Boys / Boys Who Love Girls. Enjoy!

1. Blur - Girls & Boys
Perfect opening track for this list!


2. Phoenix - Girlfriend
I was surprised to find I hadn't used a Phoenix song on a mix yet!


3. Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy
Also very surprised at the lack of Friendly Fires tracks. I love this album. And I especially love how this lead boy moves. This is one of my favorite music videos of the year.


4. Cut Off Your Hands - Girl
Nothing too special about this. I'm not as fond of this track as I am of another song from this group.


5. Discovery - I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
This Discovery album was kind of "eh." The best track was the reworked "Can You Tell" from Ra Ra Riot called "Can You Discover."


6. Headlights - Market Girl
A pretty little tune.


7. the bird and the bee - Fucking Boyfriend
Fucking boyfriends…


8. Beck - Girl


9. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
It's okay to cry, boys!


10. The Presets - Girl (You Chew My Mind Up)
This is incredibly fun live!


11. Aloha - Boys in the Bathtub
This is one of my favorite Aloha songs! I love Aloha. Some of the nicest dudes on the planet.


12. Death Cab for Cutie - Technicolor Girls


13. Placebo - 20th Century Boy
ROCK. This song always makes me want to dance and take up destructive bad habits. Velvet Goldmine is one of my favorite movies.


14. Neko Case - Prison Girls


15. Neutral Milk Hotel - Two-Headed Boy
Dear Neutral Milk Hotel, Please reunite and play a couple shows. I will fly to see you. Promise.


16. Ugly Casanova - Hotcha Girls
Something nice to take us out…


No comments:

Post a Comment