Saturday, October 10, 2009

RUN BETSY RUN




Betsy Stone is one badass MF'er. She's from Quincy, she hipchecks old ladies on the street, she stole my lunch money in 1989 (even though I didn't meet her til 2001), and on Sunday she's gonna dominate a half marathon.

My bro is a lucky man, but he better watch his goddamn mouth cause she might throw the gloves down one day. Nice knowin ya bro!

Anyways, this is a list for Betsy's half marathon. I don't really know what her pace is like, so hopefully I don't slow her down. Psh. As if it were even possible!

Good luck Betsy!

1 - Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
"'I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva / I'm gonna go go go there's no stopping me!"

2 - Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
Can't think of a more apt song title for this list.

3 - Butch Walker - Hot Girls in Good Moods
Oh no my bro is gonna kick my ass now!

4 - The Gap Band - You Dropped a Bomb on Me
What pretty much everyone she blows past will be thinking.

5 - Cut Copy - Far Away
Ok don't get too cocky yet. You're off to a good start, but there's still like a billion miles to go!

6 - The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Seems like a good song to run to

7 - Ladytron - Runaway
Because the Bon Jovi song of the same name has no business on a list for a total badass.

8 - Earth, Wind & Fire - September
Also a tasty lil groove to run to, even though it's October

9 - Rise Against - Halfway There
(!!!!!!!!!)

10 - The Clash - Police on My Back
If your favorite band and the idea of the police chasing you down (slash harassing you) doesn't keep you going, then bust out the stims!

11 - Third Eye Blind - Faster
FASTER

12 - Great Big Sea - Run Runaway
Now's the time to drop the goddamn hammer!

13 - Head Automatica - Beating Heart Baby
Don't worry. The thumping in your chest is not a baby alien trying to break free.

14 - The Sounds - Running out of Turbo
Ok so the NOS is empty. Steaddddyyyyy

15 - The Teenagers - Feeling Better
Someone just handed you a water, so you dumped it on your head and high-fived the shit out of some unsuspecting bro dude.

16 - Traveling Wilburys - End of the Line
Almost there almost there

17 - The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
You end the half marathon to this song because only true champions are allowed to.

18 - Does it Offend You, Yeah? - Epic Last Song
You've made it! And you didn't even pull an Uta Pippig!!!

YOU RULE BETSY

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this?! apparently not. This playlist is awesome, thanks buddy!!

    ReplyDelete