Monday, August 10, 2009

Songs for a Farm Ride

I am no longer lost somewhere in the U S of A! I have arrived back home in Boston. Safe. Sound. Super tired. I've spent the past ten days in a champagne Honda Accord. We drove over 3,300 miles; we spent over 52 hours in the car. We started in Dallas, drove up to Fargo, drove across to Bozeman, down through Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, the Four Corners, the Grand Canyon, and finally arrived in Phoenix with just enough energy to dance my face off at The Rogue Bar and then stuff it (regrettably) with a "meal" from Jack in the Box.

PHEW.

When I'm not making mixes and arguing with Evan, I'm planning elaborate trips around the globe with my best friend from college, Rob. On our roadtrips, we come up with a series of playlist ideas and each make our version of them. These keep us entertained as we drive through places most sane people will never care to visit (e.g. New Brunswick in February, North Dakota anytime...).

Here's my "Songs for a Farm Ride" mix from the trip. I'll also post my "Songs for a Desert Ride" mix. We made five others, but I'm keeping those to myself in case Evan challenges me in one of those areas.


NORTH DAKOTA

No comments:

Post a Comment