Wednesday, August 12, 2009

GuestList 1: Seduction (with Shackleton)

Greetings everyone! I believe this is my first foray into blogging, and I want to start off by thanking Allison and Evan for asking me to contribute a theme for a playlist. So without further ado, I present the latest playlist challenge theme: Seduction.


My list:

1. Portishead - Glorybox
What is there to say about this song? The elegant string arrangement, the kinky guitar solo, and the heart-felt vocals of an angel....this song moves me.......in my pants.


2. Mellowdrone - Orange Marmalade
If this song was around when Ev was in college, he probably wouldn't have had to watch Top Gun 200 times.



3. Massive Attack - Angel
This song just oozes seduction.



4. Counting Crows - Colorblind
Any girl who has seen Cruel Intentions becomes instantly vulnerable when this song comes on.



5. Anthony Hamilton - Do You Feel Me?
Oh yes Mr. Hamilton.....the ladies feel you.



6. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
This song came out in '91....I'm still turned on by the video.



7. Flunk - Play
Angelic, sultry vocals with a slow to mid tempo electronic beat? Yep.... seduction material.



8. Nine Inch Nails - Piggy
My apologies for the terrible video, but if you close your eyes and blindfold yourself while listening to this song, you will realize that this song should be played at every strip club in America.



9. Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg - Je t'aime moi non plus
This song came out in the 1960's....I challenge you to find a more erotic song.



10. Air - Playground Love
Sofia Coppola almost makes up for ruining Godfather III by using this song in The Virgin Suicides......ALMOST.



11. Radiohead and Zero 7 - Climbing Up The Walls
Yeah the lyrics are about an insane asylum, but Zero 7 can make any song seductive....no matter how creepy the subject matter.




12. Azure Ray - Sleep
Yeah it's basically the exact same song as Colorblind, but that's not exactly a bad thing.



13. Pulp - Like A Friend
I love the buildup at 1:42





14. Imogen Heap – Hide & Seek
I feel like less of a man for posting this, but what the hell.





15. Moby and Patti Labelle – One of These Mornings
Who would have thought that a pale, skinny, white nerd and a 65 year old R&B singer could make something remotely seductive without making me vomit.



16. Ryan Adams – Desire
One of the most underrated Ryan Adams songs.




17. Sebastian Tellier – La Ritournelle
I almost wished I was French the first time I heard this



18. Broken Social Scene and Feist – Lover’s Spit
If you can’t seduce someone with this song, you’re doing something terribly wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment